Sunday, January 6, 2013

Spicy Sauteed Brussel Sprouts & Kale!

I love, love, love me some brussel sprouts. I love them as a snack, in eggs, as a side dish...I just love them and they are so healthy. Read about their health benefits HERE. I also love kale. Throw those two together and you have one happy Mama.

Today's snack:

1 cup brussel sprouts, rinsed, halved, rough bottoms cut off.
1 cup kale, rinsed, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne (add more if you like more heat)
light sprinkle of salt

toss everything together in the bowl with oil.
cook in a frying pan on medium heat.
make sure brussel sprouts are facing halved side down on the pan
drizzle a little more oil over the greens and cover for 2 min
move greens around with a spatula then continue to cook until brussels are softened a bit
grab a fork and enjoy!

Total Calories: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment