Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Spinach Salad

Sorry it's been kinda quiet here on the blog, but the food I've been eating lately isn't terribly exciting because I've been busy with projects, so I keep noshing on my go-to quick eats. A lot of hard boiled eggs, granola, fruit and soups. But, I thought I'd share what seems to be my lunch of choice, lately. Spinach salads! Lots of variations, too. Here is today's salad. Pretty basic:

Baby spinach, avocado, hard boiled egg, drizzle of italian dressing
 a few croutons for some crunch and I love pepper, so of course, pepper. 
Other variations include, but are not limited to:
-Spinach, dried cranberries, almonds, a tiny bit of goat cheese and caesar dressing
-Spinach, tomato, sauteed brussel sprouts, lime juice and pepper
-Spinach, cashews, avocado, bean sprouts, vinaigrette

*I also make sure to eat my salads out of a soup bowl, since they tend to be smaller than your average bowl and help keep my portions at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment