Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fitness Chart



I've definitely been slacking on my fitness routine, lately. I'm kicking butt at the eating right part, but my workout life could use a major dose of motivation. For awhile there I was doing 45 min of running 4-5 times a week and 1 day of lifting. But then, suddenly,  Tuesday came and went and I told myself "Oh I'll just make up for it tomorrow" and then Wednesday came and went and I said" Oh I'll just really go hard tomorrow" and then Thursday and... well, you get it. so for the last two weeks, I've only worked out maybe 2-3 times a week. No bueno. I decided I needed something more tangible to keep me accountable for the workouts. So, I created a fitness chart starting from today and going until one month from now (which happens to land on the week of Valentine's day! hello sexy dress!) I've written a workout for the day in each square. Once I complete the work out, doesn't matter if it's morning, noon or night, I'll color it in with the color of that day. (i.e. Monday is red so I'll color in all the Mondays with red after I complete each one). The idea is that by just focusing on one day at a time, I won't be inclined to skip any workouts. I'll be able to look at the chart and say "just get it done and over with so you can color it in". They also aren't strenuous workouts, I'm easing my way back into pushing my body harder, so for now, we keep it simple. I think it's important to break things down in the weight-loss process so that you don't feel overwhelmed by the bigger picture. So, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment