- My husband actually gets the credit for this one. While I was at the gym running my legs tired, this morning, he was in our kitchen making me coffee and this delicious breakfast to get my energy back up when I returned. He knows his way around a kitchen much better than I do (I've learned a lot from him since taking over the cooking duties in the house), so whenever he cooks for us it's a happy day! Baked eggs aren't anything new, however, we've slimmed down the recipe so that you don't have to worry about over doing it with your breakfast calories.
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- the tiniest dash of Kosher salt
- and as much freshly ground black pepper as you deem necessary
Preheat oven for 5 minutes and place the oven rack 6 inches below the heater.
Combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary and parmesan and set aside. Crack 3 eggs into 2 small bowls without breaking the yolks.
Place a small to medium size casserole dish on a baking sheet. Pour in milk and oil, place in oven for 3 minutes or until bubbling. Carefully, pour eggs into dish and sprinkle with the seasoning mix, then add a dash of salt and desired amount of pepper. Cook in oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the whites of the eggs are almost cooked. **keep an eye on your eggs, the cooking time can vary depending on your oven and the casserole dish you use** The eggs will continue to cook after you take them out of the oven. Allow to set for a minute or two and then serve.
Serving size: 2 eggs
Total Calories: 286