Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Avocado Mustard Spread


I invented this yesterday when I was craving something creamy to go on my toast. (Specifically, cream cheese which is a BIG calorie no-no) I'm sure something similar is out there in the world of toast spread recipes, but here's my version.


mix together in a bowl:
1/2 small avocado
2 teaspoons dijon spicy mustard
mix until creamy
season with black pepper

It's so satisfying as the perfect cream cheese replacement.

Spread Calorie Total: 56 per 3 tablespoons
(compare that to the whopping 280 calories 3 tablespoons of cream cheese will get you! yikes!)

I had mine on cracked wheat toast and I sauteed brussel sprouts in a tiny bit of olive oil and sriracha and then I peeled one apart and put it on my toast making my calorie total: approx 186




No comments:

Post a Comment