Monday, January 7, 2013

Peanut Butter & Banana


I'm not a banana person. They made me gag as a child and even now, as an adult, the texture weirds me out. But, I am a person that bruises easily, so I try to trick myself into eating bananas as often as possible. Read about a few of the health benefits HERE. I can pretty easily sneak them into my morning smoothies, or sometimes if I'm brave, I'll put banana slices on my cereal. However, the tricky snack that has proved most effective for me is cracked wheat toast with peanut butter and banana slices. It's filling, it's full of protein and I get my banana intake! I usually choose this snack as a post-workout nosh. I find it satisfies my tummy without undoing what I have just done in the gym.

Serving size: 1 slice toast, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, approx 1/2 a banana.

Total Calories: 343

No comments:

Post a Comment