Monday, April 15, 2013

Warm Mustard Greens & Kale with Fried Egg

Sundays are my favorite. My husband doesn't have work, we can stay up late the night before and sleep in late Sunday morning. Everything is languid and easy, including the food. Since sleeping in tends to happen on Sundays, in our home, brunch takes the place of the usual breakfast. My go-to brunch favorite is heavy, greasy biscuits and gravy or thick, buttery eggs benedict. However, those don't really fit into my lifestyle these days. Last week, I started trying to replace most of my carbs with vegetables. I am a carb addict and it's certainly hindering my progress. So, instead of toast and eggs for yesterday's brunch, I grabbed some leftover rice, leafy veggies, namely: Mustard Greens and Kale, oh and a few brussel sprouts and sauteed them in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil tiny splash of balsamic vinegar and a dash of pepper. Then, I sprinkled some flax seeds on top and put it all on a plate. Next, I fried up an egg (no butter or salt, only canola oil to grease the pan) and put it on top of my warmed greens.


Bon Appétit




No comments:

Post a Comment